"Website Under Construction"
Rajgarh District is a District of Madhya Pradesh state in central India. The city of Rajgarh is the administrative headquarters of the district.
The district has an area of 6,154 km² and the population is 1,545,814 (2011 census). The district lies on the northern edge of the Malwa plateau, and the Parbati River forms the eastern boundary of the district, while the Kali Sindh River forms the western boundary. The district has six tehsils, Rajgarh, Khilchipur, Zirapur, Biaora, Narsinghgarh, and Sarangpur. The district is bounded by Rajasthan state to the north, and by the districts of Guna to the northeast, Bhopal to the east, Sehore to the southeast, and Shajapur to the south and west. It is part of Bhopal Division.
The district was created May 1948, and includes the territory of the former princely states of Rajgarh, Narsinghgarh, Khilchipur, and parts of the states of Dewas Junior and Senior (Sarangpur tehsil) and Indore (Jarapur tehsil, now part of Khilchipur tehsil). In addition to the town of Rajgarh, Khilchipur, Kotravihar and Narsinghgarh are places of interest.
According to the 2011 census Rajgarh District has a population of 1,545,814, which is more than that of nations like Swaziland or Mauritius This gives it a ranking of 322nd in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 251 inhabitants per square kilometre (650 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 23.26%. Rajgarh has a sex ratio of 956 females for every 1000 males and a literacy rate of 61.21%
In 2006 the Ministry of Panchayati Raj named Rajgarh one of the country s 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the 24 districts in Madhya Pradesh currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF)
The town is nearly 300 years old having been founded in 1681 by Dewan Parasram. The beautiful lake in the town in which is reflected the old fort and palace still bears the name of the founder. The town is 83 Kms. from the Bhopal and is reached by a good road. The site of the town is the place of temple of Shiva - then known as Topila Mahadeo, for the persons who lived there manufactured toplis or basket.